Series F Mechanical Vertical Lift
- Conforms to ASME B20.1 Safety Standards.
- Ideal for high speed, high cycle or automated systems.
- Series F Mechanical Vertical Lift offers maximum capacity, for the heaviest lifting applications.
- Transports multiple pallet loads, or heavy machinery.
- Lifts heavy, bulky, over-sized loads up to 50,000 lbs.
- Can be loaded/unloaded from all four sides.
- Unlimited vertical rise.
- Unlimited carriage sizes.
- Standard travel speed of 20 FPM (speeds up to 400 fpm).
- Heavy-duty construction for reliability, dependability and long-term life.
- Available with patented DeckLock system which automatically locks the carriage at critical upper levels and eliminates carriage bounce or drift.
- Can be used indoor or outdoor.
Series F Legacy Information
for “F Series” Mechanical Vertical Lifts
To enlarge video, Click the lower right icon.
Medium-Capacity Series F Mechanical Vertical Lift
- Mechanical Vertical Conveyor Lift Series F Lift offers maximum capacity, rugged 4-post design for the heaviest lifting applications.
- Lifts heavy, bulky, oversized loads up to 50,000 lbs. and more.
- Transports multiple pallet loads, large carts and heavy machinery between two or more levels.
- Four-post design offers maximum flexibility in carriage size, capacity and traffic patterns. Carriage can be loaded/unloaded from all four sides.
- Engineered to meet your exact application requirements. Unlimited vertical rise. Travel speeds up to 400 fpm.
- Carriage is lifted and lowered by heavy roller chain attached to a mechanical lifting mechanism.
- Heavy-duty construction provides superior strength, reliability and long-term performance.
- Built-in, advanced safety features protect workers and materials. Access gates at each level are interlocked with lift operation.
- Certified safety cams prevent carriage decent in the event of a chain failure.
- Optional patented DeckLock system which automatically locks the carriage at critical upper levels and eliminates carriage bounce or drift.
- Optional hot dipped epoxy or galvanize finish is available for outdoor, caustic or chemical wash down environments.
- Optional explosion proof components are available for use in classified environments.
Mechanical Vertical Conveyor Lift / Series F Specifications
Mechanical Vertical Conveyor Lift Series F Vertical Lifts move materials between two or more levels. Series F Lifts feature four-corner support for heavy-duty, vertical material handling jobs. Principal components are guide columns, carriage and a mechanical lifting mechanism.
Mechanical Vertical Conveyor Lift Series F Vertical Lifts are available with: Lifting capacities to 30,000 lbs.; carriage sizes as required; vertical rise to 200′. Standard travel speed is 15-20 fpm. Speeds to 400 fpm available on special order.
Guide columns are 6″ wide flange. Carriage is fabricated of 6″ or 8″ structural members with deck plate. Other surfaces available.
Mechanical Vertical Conveyor Lift Series F Vertical Lifts can be loaded/unloaded from all four sides. Carriage is lifted and lowered by roller chain attached to an electric motor/reducer assembly mounted on the guide columns. Power units employ 7-1/2 HP to 25 HP TEFC brake motors (or custom sized per application). Special sensing and guidance systems monitor lift chains.
Standard power requirements are 230V/460V, 3-phase. Control voltage is 110V. Control stations and remote mounted control panel are NEMA 12. Control stations, provided for each level, include self-maintaining push buttons with mushroom-head E-Stop button.
Upward and downward travel of the carriage is limited by a limit switch. When switch is tripped or power is lost, the motor shuts off and the mechanically actuated brake is engaged. Overload protection is provided by a relay that measures the motor current. If the current exceeds the amount required to move the maximum load, it will shut the unit down and engage the brake. Safety cams, mounted on each guide column, prevent uncontrolled descent in case both chains break. Chain sensors shut down unit if chain tension is lost. Chain tensioners and guides prevent chains from jumping on sprockets. NO RIDER signs are posted at each point of operation. Available with optional DeckLock Safety System.
CARRIAGE SIDE GUARDS
Carriage is equipped with safety rails on non-operating sides and safety chains or diagonal drop bars on operating ends. Optional expanded metal or sheet metal carriage side guards are available.
Safety codes (ANSI/ASME B20.1) require gates and enclosures on all sides of the lift. Enclosures must be a minimum of 8′ high and reject a ball 2″ in diameter. Pflow manufactures gates and enclosures with 1/2″ expanded metal in a structural angle frame. Gates are accessible during loading/unloading and are electrically and mechanically interlocked with carriage movement. Interlocks prevent gates from being opened unless the carriage is at the designated level and also prevent carriage movement if any gates are not fully closed and locked.